Borussia Dortmund coach Lucien Favre has told Man United that Jadon Sancho has decided to remain for another campaign. England international is Red Devils primary target for the remainder of the transfer window but Man United have refused to meet Bundesliga giants’ €120m asking price.
BVB had set a deadline of August 10 for Red Devils to complete a deal for Jadon as the German club wanted his future resolved before the club began their pre-season training camp in Switzerland. Reports are claiming that Red Devils are now exploring other options to Sancho, with Bale, Perisic and Douglas Costa all possible alternatives.
And Lucien Favre insists everyone at Signal Iduna Park are ‘happy’ that England international will be remaining with them for another season. ‘We need him, no question,’ Swiss manager said. ‘Everyone was happy that he stayed. We don’t need to talk long about its qualities, they are enormous.’
‘He scores and sets up a lot of goals and can often make all the difference. But there are some details that Sancho needs to improve. That is quite normal for a 20-year-old.’ Favre has also been impressed by Jude Bellingham, who opted to join Borussia Dortmund instead of the Red Devils earlier this year.
‘Of course, I’m looking forward to a player like him,’ said Favre. ‘I got to know him better during the preparation. I like how he handles the ball and how he can defend it. Jude possesses many tactical options and an amazing presence. He can play as a six or eight, plays good passes, seeks completion. Various systems are possible with him.’